AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   temperature gauge? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=8377)

maxpower October 8th 04 07:29 PM

before you can ask for help we need to know make/model and yr???

glenn beasley
chrysler tech
"Koolaid" > wrote in message
> my temperature gauge is not working after they replaced the thermostat
>
> where do i find the wire that goes to the temperature gauge inside the

car?

maxpower October 8th 04 07:29 PM

maxpower October 8th 04 08:01 PM

i dont work on jeeps but it should be a switch, normally with one or two
wirers right next to the thermostat, i bet it was left off

maxpower October 8th 04 08:01 PM

Koolaid October 9th 04 07:30 PM

Koolaid October 9th 04 07:30 PM

Brian October 13th 04 03:00 AM

You could tap on the gauge lightly as I do to get my YJ gauges to work.
Contacts are dirty/corroded. Yours might be the same or lose etc. if
cherokee is the same. Other then that i have no idea.

Brian October 13th 04 03:00 AM

Koolaid October 13th 04 06:30 AM

thanks

i just couldn't find the sender unit

on the head, driver's side, close to firewall

the connector was plugged full of dirt and it wasn't making contact