AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   DP 90 LF Black Epoxy Primer for Engine Compartment? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=59523)

Rick2950 March 15th 06 06:12 AM

DP 90 LF Black Epoxy Primer for Engine Compartment?

I am getting ready to paint my engine compartment on my 66 Impala SS
Ragtop.
Not a trailer queen car but a driver during the summer with few shows
thrown in.

I have a quart of PPG DP 90 LF black epoxy primer and was wondering if
anyone had any input on using it for the engine compartment.

I am curious how glossy it is and if not very glossy, is there a way to
obtain a higher gloss using the DP 402LF catalyst or DT 870 Reducer
that I also have.

I am thinking about using it on pretty much the entire compartment
including firewall, fender wells, fan shroud and hood hinges.

All input appreciated.

Thanks,
rick2950 at hotmail