AutoBanter

-   General (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   wax new car? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=35304)

John June 13th 05 11:52 AM

wax new car?

Just bought a new GMC pickup (silver) and I'm wondering if it's wise to wax
it or should I wait a certain amount of time first?

John

noname June 13th 05 02:15 PM

Probably OK...When was it built?

Lon June 13th 05 03:58 PM

John proclaimed:

> Just bought a new GMC pickup (silver) and I'm wondering if it's wise to wax
> it or should I wait a certain amount of time first?

Ask the body shop guy at your dealer to be certain. The paint on new
vehicles is baked so it should be ready. Most dealers offer a
glorified wax sealer as an option for delivery.