AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Help with distributor (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=25571)

Lkwhite February 28th 05 01:02 AM

Help with distributor

I need a diagram of the wiring for the distributor. PLEASE HELP!

[email protected] February 28th 05 01:42 AM

The single wire coming off the distributor goes to the negative side of
the coil.. at least it does on my VW beetle. What do you have?

Jim

TCS February 28th 05 03:09 AM

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:02:42 -0500, Lkwhite > wrote:
>I need a diagram of the wiring for the distributor. PLEASE HELP!

Duh. uh... maybe it would be a good idea for you to mention
what model/make/year your car is?

Are you asking about the primary (points? reluctor? encoder?) side,
or the secondary side?

The secondary side is usually rock simple: coil -> rotor -> plug wires.

Are you asking which wire goes to which plug? That sure is going to
depend on your car!

« Paul » February 28th 05 03:18 AM

#1 is by the point adjust opening.
18436572

Lkwhite February 28th 05 07:57 PM

Sorry about that. The distributor goes on a 1988 ford mustang Lx, 2.3L,
auto, trans. I need the wiring diagram that runs from the computer to the
distributor.

Billy Bad Assr© February 28th 05 09:28 PM

"Lkwhite" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I need a diagram of the wiring for the distributor. PLEASE HELP!

Need additional info - include year/make/model/engine size!

BBA