AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Buick Regal 1991 3800 V6 Stalling (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=27433)

Stam March 18th 05 09:24 PM

Buick Regal 1991 3800 V6 Stalling

This just started:
When driving, during acceleration the engien hesiates and some times I can
hear a backfire from the front. The drive is realt rough.
When the car is in nutral, I can get high RPM with no problem. I tryed
putting the car in gear and while pressing the brakes pressing the gas
peddal. It will do the same > kind of hesitation while the RPM goes up
(Hesitate all the way) and some low noise bakfire.
Any idea?

Mad Dog March 19th 05 12:24 AM

Chances are it is the MAF (mass airflow) sensor that is causing the
problem...but you should also check the
TPS (throttle position sensor) for correct operation.

--
Mad-Dog
'79 Chevy K-10
. com...

Stam March 21st 05 11:19 PM

Thank you.

The problem was a faulty ignition coil (one of the three).

HLS March 22nd 05 11:34 PM

"Stam" > wrote in message
om...
> Thank you.
>
> The problem was a faulty ignition coil (one of the three).

Thanks, from all of us. Problems solved help us all. Best to you.