AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   rFactor demo - any fix? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=17625)

[email protected] December 21st 04 04:22 PM

rFactor demo - any fix?

I can no longer run the rFactor demo on my pc, as the time
limitting/copy protection code (Trymedia) disabled the program when I
manually changed the date on my pc. This "bug" was acknowledged by ISI
on the RSC forums a few weeks ago, and they stated that they are
working to resolve the problem. ISI communicates rFactor news and
updates via the RSC forums, which have been unavailable for a couple of
weeks now. Does anyone know of a fix or workaround for this rFactor
Trymedia bug?

Thanks!

[email protected] December 21st 04 09:24 PM

wrote:
> I can no longer run the rFactor demo on my pc, as the time
> limitting/copy protection code (Trymedia) disabled the program when I
> manually changed the date on my pc. This "bug" was acknowledged by

ISI
> on the RSC forums a few weeks ago, and they stated that they are
> working to resolve the problem. ISI communicates rFactor news and
> updates via the RSC forums, which have been unavailable for a couple

of
> weeks now. Does anyone know of a fix or workaround for this rFactor
> Trymedia bug?
>
> Thanks!

Hi -

We have fixed the Trymedia bug, as well as a few others, and hope to
post an updated rFactor MP Test shortly (days, not weeks). Stay tuned.
joe
image space

David G Fisher December 21st 04 10:10 PM

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> wrote:
> > I can no longer run the rFactor demo on my pc, as the time
> > limitting/copy protection code (Trymedia) disabled the program when I
> > manually changed the date on my pc. This "bug" was acknowledged by

> ISI
> > on the RSC forums a few weeks ago, and they stated that they are
> > working to resolve the problem. ISI communicates rFactor news and
> > updates via the RSC forums, which have been unavailable for a couple

> of
> > weeks now. Does anyone know of a fix or workaround for this rFactor
> > Trymedia bug?
> >
> > Thanks!

> Hi -
>
> We have fixed the Trymedia bug, as well as a few others, and hope to
> post an updated rFactor MP Test shortly (days, not weeks). Stay tuned.
> joe
> image space

Nice bit of unexpected news. :-)

--
David G Fisher

Hans de Heer December 21st 04 11:13 PM

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> wrote:
> We have fixed the Trymedia bug, as well as a few others, and hope to
> post an updated rFactor MP Test shortly (days, not weeks). Stay tuned.
> joe
> image space

Great news! Please make sure to announce the fix here also, since RSC is
still belly-up.

Regards, Hans

Greg Dunn December 21st 04 11:41 PM

> > Hi -
> >
> > We have fixed the Trymedia bug, as well as a few others, and hope to
> > post an updated rFactor MP Test shortly (days, not weeks). Stay tuned.
> > joe
> > image space
> >

> Nice bit of unexpected news. :-)

ISI rules. :D

Uwe Schürkamp December 22nd 04 11:05 AM

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:10:33 -0500, David G Fisher wrote:

> Nice bit of unexpected news. :-)

Best Xmas in years: 24h mod, GTP mod, rfactor update... ;-)

cheers,

uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61

Damien Smith December 22nd 04 01:12 PM

> Best Xmas in years: 24h mod,
^^^

Mod? What an insult! ;-)

Uwe Schürkamp December 22nd 04 01:40 PM

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:12:34 +1000, Damien Smith wrote:
>> Best Xmas in years: 24h mod,

> ^^^
>
> Mod? What an insult! ;-)

Hmm, isn't this a mod / patch for GTR? I don't think we'll see a
completely new release, right? ;-)

Cheers,

uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61

Jussi Koukku December 22nd 04 02:28 PM

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:40:28 +0100, Uwe Schürkamp
> wrote something like:

>On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:12:34 +1000, Damien Smith wrote:
>>> Best Xmas in years: 24h mod,

>> ^^^
>>
>> Mod? What an insult! ;-)
>>

>Hmm, isn't this a mod / patch for GTR? I don't think we'll see a
>completely new release, right? ;-)

I believe "addon" would be the correct term in this case ;-)
--
- Jussi Koukku -

[email protected] January 6th 05 03:10 PM

Joe (or anyone else at Image Space),

Any idea when the updated rFactor MP test will be released? I really
look forward to being able to run this demo again! In your last post a
few weeks ago, you stated that it would be available in days (not
weeks). So... Time's up! :o)

Thanks!!!