AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Replacing seats in 85 Golf? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72267)

[email protected] August 14th 06 08:33 AM

Replacing seats in 85 Golf?

I want to replace my torn 85 VW golf seats with black leather seats
from a newer model jetta?, is this possible.

What year ranges are compatible with seat replacement? I don't want to
do seat covers!

Thanks in advance for any advice,

vwgolfbeginner....

N8N August 15th 06 08:23 PM

Replacing seats in 85 Golf?

wrote:
> I want to replace my torn 85 VW golf seats with black leather seats
> from a newer model jetta?, is this possible.
>
> What year ranges are compatible with seat replacement? I don't want to
> do seat covers!
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice,
>
> vwgolfbeginner....

Any A2 chassis will be an adequate seat donor. Not sure about A3s.

If your car is a 2-door, the replacement seats will have to be from a
2-door, unless you plan on never using the back seats again. Also not
sure if the Jetta *rear* seat is compatible with a Golf body. Wasn't
sure if you were going to replace all the seats or just the fronts - I
would probably want to do them all, myself.

Personally I would look for an A2 Golf with the interior you want and
the same number of doors as your car so I could get the door panels and
rear inner quarter panels (or rear door panels, as appropriate) so the
whole interior would match.

good luck,

nate