AutoBanter

-   Antique cars (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   1949 Chevy Styleline (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=7624)

Ward September 6th 04 02:03 PM

1949 Chevy Styleline

Good morning,

I recently cleaned out an old antique desk. Stuck in the back behind one of
the drawers was an original invoice for a 1949 Chevy Styleline 2102 2-door
sedan. The document contains the following information: serial number,
motor number, key number, color, and optional equipment and accessories. I
know this type of document is important to antique car collectors. I have
two questions: is this a "collectable" car that may still be around and if
so, what is the best way to find the owner? Should I just throw out this
document?

Thanks for your help.

Liz

Ward September 7th 04 12:34 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not interested in selling the document.
Frankly, it's more trouble then it' worth. I'll keep looking for the car
owner.

Liz

"Robin Banks" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 09:03:57 -0400, "Ward" > wrote:
>
> > I recently cleaned out an old antique desk. Stuck in the back behind

one of
> > the drawers was an original invoice for a 1949 Chevy Styleline 2102

2-door
> > sedan. The document contains the following information: serial number,
> > motor number, key number, color, and optional equipment and accessories.

> > know this type of document is important to antique car collectors. I

have
> > two questions: is this a "collectable" car that may still be around and

if
> > so, what is the best way to find the owner? Should I just throw out

this
> > document?

> Don't toss it out. Someone might want it. Put it on ebay. You might

make