AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Rusting welded joints (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=73257)

ekp August 27th 06 02:32 AM

Rusting welded joints

I own a 2002 Passat GLX 4motion. The car is in perfect condition except
the chassis welded joints are all rusting. There is no rust anywhere else
on the car. Is this a defect in the manufacturing?

Thanks
Ed

none2u August 28th 06 12:14 AM

Rusting welded joints

No.
ycap.rr.com...

Lost In Space/Woodchuck August 28th 06 01:04 AM

Rusting welded joints

got pictures?

ycap.rr.com...

ekp August 28th 06 05:11 PM

Rusting welded joints

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 19:14:59 -0400, none2u wrote:

> No.
> "ekp" > wrote in message
> ycap.rr.com...
>>I own a 2002 Passat GLX 4motion. The car is in perfect condition except
>> the chassis welded joints are all rusting. There is no rust anywhere else
>> on the car. Is this a defect in the manufacturing?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ed

I appreciate your response but could you tell me if I should be worried
about this or not?

Papa August 28th 06 07:38 PM

Rusting welded joints

For expert help, go to the VWvortex forums.

ycap.rr.com...

ekp August 30th 06 02:18 PM

Rusting welded joints

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:38:42 +0000, Papa wrote:

> For expert help, go to the VWvortex forums.

The information on the forum was very helpful on a lot of issues.

Thank you

Papa August 30th 06 02:20 PM

Rusting welded joints

"ekp" > wrote in message
ycap.rr.com...
> On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:38:42 +0000, Papa wrote:
>
>> For expert help, go to the VWvortex forums.

> The information on the forum was very helpful on a lot of issues.
>
> Thank you

You are welcome.