AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   battery with more than 75 min RC (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=13614)

Marco November 23rd 04 05:02 AM

battery with more than 75 min RC

Hi,

does anyone know if there are any group size 42 batteries, the ones
you need for a bug, that have more than 75 min reserve capacity? 75
min or 80 is all I can find. I am more used to 105 min and would like
to install one that has a high reserve capacity.

Marco

David Gravereaux November 23rd 04 05:11 AM

Marco =t> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>does anyone know if there are any group size 42 batteries, the ones
>you need for a bug, that have more than 75 min reserve capacity? 75
>min or 80 is all I can find. I am more used to 105 min and would like
>to install one that has a high reserve capacity.
>
>Marco

Maybe an Optima redtop is what you want:
http://www.1st-optima-batteries.com/...tery.asp#Specs

I'm using a model 34 in my '73 Super.

Maybe the yellowtop D34 if you want more reserve?:
http://www.1st-optima-batteries.com/...tery.asp#Specs
--
David Gravereaux >
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector]

dragenwagen November 23rd 04 11:18 AM

I have a yellow top in the wifes POS Ford van, its a good battery... 3
years so far and it starts every time even on cold mornings. even a couple
times when she left the parking lights on for a long time.

--
dragenwagen

Marco November 24th 04 03:51 AM

Thanks for the info.

I have never considered a group size 34 battery. It looks took big, at
least on paper. How did you make it fit? Just looking at the
dimensons, I can't imagine how a size 34 battery can fit.

Marco