AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   HOW2->remove orifice tube from aluminum line of '90 Turbo 200 ? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=998)

Courtney Thomas July 17th 04 11:27 PM

HOW2->remove orifice tube from aluminum line of '90 Turbo 200 ?

In the process of replacing the a/c compressor, I'm stumped at removing
the orifice tube.

In fact I broke it off inside the aluminum line, attempting to extract it.

Help appreciated,
Courtney
--
s/v Mutiny
Rhodes Bounty II

Steve Sears July 21st 04 03:47 PM

Courtney,
You might try getting a long wood screw and screwing it into the remainder
of the orifice tube body, and then pulling on that to extract it. If you're
a bit leery of that, try www.acsource.com or other ac supply companies - I'm
sure I saw an extractor there.
Make sure you flush the lines really well to remove the debris from the
extraction.
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)