AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Looking for 79 CJ-5 original soft top Hardware (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72408)

[email protected] August 15th 06 05:35 PM

Looking for 79 CJ-5 original soft top Hardware

Does anyone know where I would have a good chance of finding the
original top hardware (including door hardware) for a 79 CJ-5? I found
a brand new top (from 79!) but all I have is aftermarket BestTop
hardware. Thanks for any help. BTW, I'm in Los Angeles, so something
out this way would be best --but given the apparent rarity of this
item, I can't be too choosy.

Jeeper August 15th 06 06:22 PM

Looking for 79 CJ-5 original soft top Hardware

www.colinsbrosjeep.com

--

ps.com...

Jeff Strickland[_1_] August 15th 06 07:20 PM

Looking for 79 CJ-5 original soft top Hardware

Scotty's in Fontana is a Jeep Junk Yard. They are just outside of the
speedway, across the train tracks along the back straight. I'm not sure, but
the street to get there from the freeway is Cherry.

ps.com...

Jeeper August 15th 06 07:38 PM

Looking for 79 CJ-5 original soft top Hardware

www.collinsbrosjeep.com sorry

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_] August 15th 06 09:58 PM

Looking for 79 CJ-5 original soft top Hardware

Jeeps are still using the Bestop, so the only rarity would be how
many in each bone yard. May not be that expensive new frame:
http://www.bestop.com/index.php?c=1
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Mike Romain August 16th 06 12:20 AM

Looking for 79 CJ-5 original soft top Hardware

'Whitco' made the old ones Bill. They no longer exist. That's what I
have.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_] August 16th 06 12:38 AM

Looking for 79 CJ-5 original soft top Hardware

And mine, too. Just something in the post lead me to believe the
poster thought it was the Bestop he had.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Jeff Strickland[_1_] August 16th 06 03:15 AM

Looking for 79 CJ-5 original soft top Hardware

He found an original top, he currently has a BesTop.

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_] August 16th 06 04:22 AM

Looking for 79 CJ-5 original soft top Hardware

Thank you.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Lee Ayrton[_1_] August 18th 06 02:51 AM

Looking for 79 CJ-5 original soft top Hardware

Either way, the "OEM Style" hardware and fabric are interchangeable.

http://www.billhughes.com/

--

This website supports what I thought would be true, So It Must Be
(tm).” David Winsemius willingly creates an anti-motto at room