AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Custom trailer (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=26562)

Dirty Ditch Dawg March 10th 05 03:57 AM

Custom trailer

Im looking to build a custom trailer for my jeep,

i build telescopes, grind my own mirrors and all,
and ive got a 12.5 inch mirroe ive just finished,

im looking to build a trailer that looks like the old
artilary trailers the war jeep pulled, just for kicks,
with my telescope mounted on it, hell i might get another award for it,
at this years scope-show,
i was wondering if any of you might have any links, or pics
of war-jeeps hauling an artilary trailer,

thanks,
johnp
and my scope-addict web-page,
http://home1.gte.net/res0hnzl/index.html
,

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III March 10th 05 04:56 AM

http://vegasauto.net/m416/
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Dirty Ditch Dawg March 10th 05 12:31 PM

sorry for my miswording bill,
i meant one of the big "guns" on wheels,

johnp

Dirty Ditch Dawg March 10th 05 01:45 PM

thanks for the link Bill,
i worded it wrong,
im looking for a pic of one of the "artilary-guns" being towed by a
jeep,

Mike Romain March 10th 05 01:54 PM

I posted one over on alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Dirty Ditch Dawg March 10th 05 08:17 PM

Thanks,
i hope i dont get my jeep and scope that far off the ground,,,,
johnp

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III March 10th 05 08:56 PM

How about a self-propelled scope:
http://www.m38a1.com/images/Archives...0gun%20jpg.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Tom P March 10th 05 11:28 PM

Where you located Army Surplus in Greenville TX had some real ones awile
back.I can check if your near by
oups.com...

John Davies March 11th 05 05:21 AM

On 9 Mar 2005 19:57:17 -0800, "Dirty Ditch Dawg" >
wrote:

>Im looking to build a custom trailer for my jeep,
>
>i build telescopes, grind my own mirrors and all,
>and ive got a 12.5 inch mirroe ive just finished,
>
>im looking to build a trailer that looks like the old
>artilary trailers the war jeep pulled, just for kicks,
>with my telescope mounted on it, hell i might get another award for it,
>at this years scope-show,
>i was wondering if any of you might have any links, or pics
>of war-jeeps hauling an artilary trailer,

http://www.nzetc.org/etexts/WH2Arti/WH2Art054b.jpg

http://www.peterice.com/MilitarySet_Unboxed.jpg

http://www.militarymuseum.at/Gallery1/index.htm - probably a few
artillery pieces somewhere there....

Surely someone will post a link to that famous video showing early
Willys leaping into the air with all sorts of trailers attached. And
crazed GIs driving with no seat belts.

I STRONGLY suggest you use a soft riding axle like a Dexter Torflex,
or you will beat your telescope to death. You won't win any prize if
the tube crumples or the mirror breaks.

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1080235/f/Desig...iderations.pdf

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1080235/f/6-8K%...ation_4-04.pdf

http://www.dexteraxle.com/trailer_resource_library

http://www.dexteraxle.com/products___literature

John

Dirty Ditch Dawg March 11th 05 05:50 AM

John,
the primary 12.5" and secondary 3.0" mirror gets transported in a
padded case,
if i build it.
alot of us transprt our scopes and tubes in the back of trucks,or
trailers,
some strapped to the roof of a car,
then assembled and colomated,

just thinking of a fun project,