AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2002 Dodge Grand Caravan--Power locks (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72847)

TBone2006 August 21st 06 07:14 PM

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan--Power locks

We were on vacation this week when the power locks on my wife's van stopped
working. They do not work from the key fob or the internal switch. It
does not matter if the key is on or off---nothing seems to work. I was
unable to find a fuse specifically for the locks. Is there one? What
about a relay? Of course, the van just turned 39k miles so no warranty
coverage!

maxpower August 21st 06 09:29 PM

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan--Power locks

"TBone2006" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> We were on vacation this week when the power locks on my wife's van

stopped
> working. They do not work from the key fob or the internal switch. It
> does not matter if the key is on or off---nothing seems to work. I was
> unable to find a fuse specifically for the locks. Is there one? What
> about a relay? Of course, the van just turned 39k miles so no warranty
> coverage!

The BCM controls the door lock output drivers. If the door lock switch is
actuated continuously for more than one second the BCM will turn the output
driver OFF (the BCM would consider the switch stuck). The lock motors are
protected with Positive Temperature Coefficient device that prevents motor
burn out. You may need to scan the BCM to see if any fault codes have been
stored.

Glenn Beasley

Chrysler Tech

TBone2006 August 21st 06 09:44 PM

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan--Power locks

Thanks Glenn. Is this something that I can do myself or do I need to go to
a dealership? They said it would be $75 just to pull it into the bay!
Geez! Can I recylce the BCM on my own?

maxpower August 21st 06 10:25 PM

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan--Power locks

"TBone2006" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Thanks Glenn. Is this something that I can do myself or do I need to go

> a dealership? They said it would be $75 just to pull it into the bay!
> Geez! Can I recylce the BCM on my own?

Everything we do as far as diagnostic goes is done with the use of the Scan
tool. The only thing you could do and I don't know if it would help would be
to disconnect the battery for 5 min and reconnect

Glenn