AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Engine Swap - pre 90 2.4L to 94 2.4L (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=33792)

sauron May 27th 05 02:50 AM

Engine Swap - pre 90 2.4L to 94 2.4L

I'm ditching my 1990 2.4L engine and dropping in a 94 2.4L with less
mileage. I am going to keep the 90 intake manifold since it is TBI and the
94 is MPI. I am noticing that some things such as the water pump are
different. I was hoping for a simple bolt on and drive away. Has anyone
done this before who might know what the gotchas are, maybe save me some
time?

Steve

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III May 27th 05 03:20 AM

Hi Steve,
By mentioning Throttle Body Injection, I presume you're talking
about the 2.5 liter four banger. I have no books about that swap so I'm
no help, other than a guess their crankshaft position sensors won't be
the same, that would be timing your computer.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/