AutoBanter

-   Antique cars (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Early Davis Automobile (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=60823)

wingsnaprop March 30th 06 02:59 AM

Early Davis Automobile

Anyone know anything about the Early Davis Automobile. Mfg in
indianapolis I believe. I have inherited a complete unrestored 1915 in
good condition....almost running condition, all there.... right down to
the hubcaps..it's spent the last 50 years indoors in a totally climate
controlled room. interesting car. mechanical brakes. wondering what it
might be worth.

George Patterson March 30th 06 04:28 PM

Early Davis Automobile

wingsnaprop wrote:
> Anyone know anything about the Early Davis Automobile.

The George W. Davis Automobile Company was in business from 1908 to 1931 in
Richmond, Indiana. That's probably it.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.

old55 March 31st 06 01:47 AM

Early Davis Automobile

Foud this in a car encyclopedia Davis /USA 1908-1930
Starting with four-cylinder Continental engined models by 1914 this
richmond indiana ,company was offering a 50 hp Continental engine six
and after 1915 built 6 cylinder cars only. A small six of 3670cc was
launched in 1915, and became the companys principal offering.The 1924
range had eccentric model names:Legionaire,Man of war,Broudan. An eight
appeared in 1927 and like its sister marque,New york six had the
Parkmobile easy parking device.The Davis also formed the basis of the
Canadine Winnipeg(1923) and its successor The Derby (1924- 27). Hope
this Helps sorry no pictures