AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   96 3.8 With check engine light on (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=22754)

Granville January 30th 05 08:09 PM

96 3.8 With check engine light on

My code reader read P0175 system too rich (bank 2). I then erased the
code and the light went out.

What does this mean?
Is it time for a new O2 sensor?

Warheits January 30th 05 09:58 PM

If my memory serves me right I believe it could just be a bad plug. Try
checking there first. If you need more get back to me.

Steve

. com...

Chuck January 31st 05 06:57 AM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:09:34 GMT, Granville >
wrote:

>P0175

Sometimes you just get freaky codes... Have you driven it a distance
without it coming back?

Check here for possible causes..
http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_cod...gen-sensor.php

Chuck January 31st 05 11:43 AM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:57:38 GMT, Chuck > wrote:

>On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:09:34 GMT, Granville >
>wrote:

Sometimes you just get freaky codes... Have you driven it a distance
without it coming back?

Check here for possible causes..of P0175
http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_cod...gen-sensor.php

(I don't know why it didn't quote the first time around.. but here it
is...)

Kruse February 1st 05 12:43 AM

Granville wrote:
> My code reader read P0175 system too rich (bank 2). I then erased

the
> code and the light went out.
>
> What does this mean?
> Is it time for a new O2 sensor?

Could be. But be also very suspicious of the PDFE valve that sits on
top of your EGR valve. I think (for this year) it is held on by a
single nut and has an electrical pigtail hookup of three wires. It sits
right on top of the engine. (Once again, I think it does for that year)
A malfunction with this valve can give rich and lean codes. This thing
looks like a plastic box and if it still is a factory part it is gray
in color. I wish I could remember the part number, but I think it
starts with F2XXXXXXXX. Something like that anyway.