AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   '05 S4 Cabriolet in the snow (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=1548)

Ramzi Nassar December 19th 04 08:55 PM

'05 S4 Cabriolet in the snow

Anybody out there try out the S4 Cab (6M) in the snow with Dunlop Winter
Sport M3's?

Let me know. We are supposed to get a few inches tonight and I am anxious to
try it out.

Ramzi in CT

Dave LaCourse December 19th 04 09:52 PM

Ramzi writes:

>Anybody out there try out the S4 Cab (6M) in the snow with Dunlop Winter
>Sport M3's?
>
>Let me know. We are supposed to get a few inches tonight and I am anxious to
>try it out.
>
>Ramzi in CT

You'll be ok. Quattro will take you anywhere with or without the snows, but
you need the snows to stop. Don't, however, get over-confident. Most times it
is not the car, but the driver that causes the problems.

Dave
RS6 with Dunlop M3s

Charlie Giannetto December 20th 04 06:37 PM

In article >,
Ramzi Nassar > wrote:
>Anybody out there try out the S4 Cab (6M) in the snow with Dunlop Winter
>Sport M3's?
>
>Let me know. We are supposed to get a few inches tonight and I am anxious to
>try it out.
>
>Ramzi in CT

I've got a set of M3's on my 04 S4 sedan and had my very first opportunity
to check it out in the snow this morning ... couldn't be happier with the
way it handled.

- Charlie

Dan Koren December 30th 04 07:23 AM

The M3's are great tires, but they are only second
best in snow after the Nokia Hakkapeliitta Q/2/4.

dk