AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Californians: Better Start Shopping for a Hands-Free Kit... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=74045)

Ashton Crusher September 7th 06 02:01 AM

Californians: Better Start Shopping for a Hands-Free Kit...

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 07:41:53 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-cellba...newsspecial3-1
>
>New Bill Would Restrict Cellphone Use by Drivers
>
>By Nancy Vogel, Times Staff Writer
>
>September 1, 2006, 6:04 AM PDT
>
>Bills that received final legislative approval and were sent to the
>governor Thursday included a measure to ban drivers from talking on
>cellphones unless they use a headset that frees their hands.
>
>Lawmakers had introduced similar measures in each of the last five
>years to no avail, but Schwarzenegger recently expressed support,
>saying, "We must make sure that people don't use phones, because it
>not only endangers them but it endangers everyone else out there."
>
>SB 1613 by Sen. Joe Simitian (D-Palo Alto) would make driving while
>holding a cellphone an infraction starting in 2008.

Typical gvt nannyism. Recent studies that were PROPERLY done, which
is a rarity, show cell phone use is no worse a distraction then any
number of other things people regularly do while they are driving. If
our stupid gvt wanted to be consistent it should outlaw doing ANYTHING
while driving, no listening to the radio, no eating, no brushing your
teeth, no looking at maps, and of course, it would mean that for the
POLICE they would not be able to use their radio or computer while
driving - if they needed to use either they would pull over and stop
first.

But we know the hypocrite ****heads in power will never see the
hypocrisy of having cops routinely violating the same law they would
be pulling people over for. Kinda like speeding, it's a terrible
thing, unless a cop does it of course. Or shooting someone in the
back, if a citizen does it they are screwed, if a cop does it who the
hell cares.