AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   programming key fob '99 Durango (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=74012)

jameslinch@nospam_my_email_cox_.net September 6th 06 05:41 PM

programming key fob '99 Durango

My son just bought a '99 Durango from a local used car lot. They gave
him 1 key fob but it doesn't work. They told him it was probably dead
batteries. He replaced the batteries and it's still not working.

As a young guy he did not add it to the list of what should be
corrected as part of the sale. He also didn't get the owners manual.

Could someone tell me how to program the key fob for the Durango? I've
been searching the net and haven't found anything specific to the '99.

Thanks!

Jim

maxpower September 6th 06 07:32 PM

programming key fob '99 Durango

> wrote in message
>
> My son just bought a '99 Durango from a local used car lot. They gave
> him 1 key fob but it doesn't work. They told him it was probably dead
> batteries. He replaced the batteries and it's still not working.
>
> As a young guy he did not add it to the list of what should be
> corrected as part of the sale. He also didn't get the owners manual.
>
> Could someone tell me how to program the key fob for the Durango? I've
> been searching the net and haven't found anything specific to the '99.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jim

It has to be done at the dealer using the DRB scan tool

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler tech

jameslinch@nospam_my_email_cox_.net September 6th 06 07:44 PM

programming key fob '99 Durango

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 14:32:53 -0400, "maxpower" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .

>> My son just bought a '99 Durango from a local used car lot. They gave
>> him 1 key fob but it doesn't work. They told him it was probably dead
>> batteries. He replaced the batteries and it's still not working.
>>
>> As a young guy he did not add it to the list of what should be
>> corrected as part of the sale. He also didn't get the owners manual.
>>
>> Could someone tell me how to program the key fob for the Durango? I've
>> been searching the net and haven't found anything specific to the '99.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Jim
>>

>It has to be done at the dealer using the DRB scan tool
>
>Glenn Beasley
>Chrysler tech

Thanks! I'll let him know!