AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   how to install tail light on a legacy (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=74103)

[email protected] September 7th 06 10:41 PM

how to install tail light on a legacy

Hi,
I broke all the plastic out of my taillights on the passenger side, I
bought the replacement piece but can't for the life of me figure out
how to put it on...is there something in the trunk that I need to
remove???
thanks for any help
Laura drew
96 legacy wagon subaru

September 8th 06 01:06 PM

how to install tail light on a legacy

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi,
> I broke all the plastic out of my taillights on the passenger side, I
> bought the replacement piece but can't for the life of me figure out
> how to put it on...is there something in the trunk that I need to
> remove???
> thanks for any help
> Laura drew
> 96 legacy wagon subaru

I dont know anything about the Legacy, but I can tell you that many times
you
have to access the taillight fixture from inside the car. On older cars
there were
often external screws that made replacement of bulbs and lenses easy, but
now
rear access is more traditional.

You may have to remove some nuts from studs and remove the fixture so that
you can replace the lens.

Knifeblade_03[_35_] September 9th 06 08:43 PM

how to install tail light on a legacy

http://tinyurl.com/hz8rl

This may help.

--