AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Replacing 1998 Jetta K2 Electrical Radiator Fan 2.0 auto with a/c (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72017)

One out of many daves August 11th 06 12:27 AM

Replacing 1998 Jetta K2 Electrical Radiator Fan 2.0 auto with a/c

Are there any tricks in doing this, or follow the Bentley and basically take
off the front bumper?
Oh how I relish doing this job on one of these! lol

TIA
--
later,
dave

[email protected] August 11th 06 09:06 PM

Replacing 1998 Jetta K2 Electrical Radiator Fan 2.0 auto with a/c

Those are easy to do. Just pop out the four bolts that hold the bumper
to the unibody, then take the four bolts out that hold the rad support
to the fenders/unibody and then take out the 2 bolts that hold the
radiator to the rad support. Then the whole front end will slide off (
don't forget to unhook the electrical connectors for the lights. After
that you have complete access to the rad and the fans.

[email protected] August 17th 06 07:57 PM

Replacing 1998 Jetta K2 Electrical Radiator Fan 2.0 auto with a/c

Well me and my dad have heater cores in a an MKII golf/jetta down to 2
hours without taking out the dash, but no I don't like doing it lol.
Maybe I think that taking the rad out of a MKIII Golf is easy because
I've done it so many times, :( (and no I'm not a mechanic and I don't
fix VWs for a living) lol.

Cheers
Peter

One out of many Daves August 18th 06 03:01 AM

Replacing 1998 Jetta K2 Electrical Radiator Fan 2.0 auto with a/c

I guess it does get easier when you do it a few times. :-)
And it sounds like you do it for fun then! lol

I will change over the fan, by taking off the front of the Jetta, when the
fan comes in.

thanks,
dave

ups.com...