AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   andy rooney and the price of gas. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=28386)

BananaRepublican March 28th 05 04:36 PM

andy rooney and the price of gas.

did you catch him on 60 minutes last nite?
Drive 20% less , you'll save bucks and the fat cat OIL guys will suffer
a little bit themselves. supply and demand.
after all americans drive and fly just a little too much.

g adds.
MONEY , what a concept

The Office Jet March 28th 05 08:52 PM

Andy Rooney drives me crazy. He always brings up the obvious and tries
to make it sound genius. I find him remarkably annoying.

Larry Bud March 28th 05 09:06 PM

BananaRepublican wrote:
> did you catch him on 60 minutes last nite?
> Drive 20% less , you'll save bucks and the fat cat OIL guys will

suffer
> a little bit themselves. supply and demand.
> after all americans drive and fly just a little too much.
> >

> g adds.
> MONEY , what a concept

50 bucks says that Andy travels in private jets and burns more fuel in
a year than I will in 10.

Skip Elliott Bowman March 28th 05 09:09 PM

"The Office Jet" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Andy Rooney drives me crazy. He always brings up the obvious and tries
> to make it sound genius. I find him remarkably annoying.

Let's see:

* He drives you crazy and annoys you

* Tries to make the obvious sound like genius

* Gets big check for doing all the above.

Nice work if you can get it.

The Office Jet March 28th 05 10:32 PM

Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:
> "The Office Jet" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Andy Rooney drives me crazy. He always brings up the obvious and

tries
> > to make it sound genius. I find him remarkably annoying.

> Let's see:
>
> * He drives you crazy and annoys you
>
> * Tries to make the obvious sound like genius
>
> * Gets big check for doing all the above.
>
> Nice work if you can get it.

I'm not saying it's not nice work. I'd love to do what he does. All
I'm saying is that he gets a bit annoying at times.

The Office Jet March 29th 05 12:01 AM

Larry Bud wrote:
> 50 bucks says that Andy travels in private jets and burns more fuel

in
> a year than I will in 10.

My bet is you are 100% correct in stating that. At least, it would be
if I were saying it.

John David Galt March 29th 05 12:54 AM

BananaRepublican wrote:
> did you catch him on 60 minutes last nite?
> Drive 20% less , you'll save bucks and the fat cat OIL guys will suffer
> a little bit themselves. supply and demand.
> after all americans drive and fly just a little too much.

We have a perfect right to fly and drive. We've paid for it.

If you want to lower gas consumption, start building freeways to relieve
rush hour congestion, so those thousands of people don't have to sit with
their engines idling for long periods during their daily commutes.

Nicik Name March 29th 05 01:14 AM

"Larry Bud" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> BananaRepublican wrote:
> > did you catch him on 60 minutes last nite?
> > Drive 20% less , you'll save bucks and the fat cat OIL guys will

> suffer
> > a little bit themselves. supply and demand.
> > after all americans drive and fly just a little too much.
> > >

> > g adds.
> > MONEY , what a concept

> 50 bucks says that Andy travels in private jets and burns more fuel in
> a year than I will in 10.

saw him get off an American Airlines flight..........
buy me lunch.

C. E. White March 29th 05 02:13 PM

Larry Bud wrote:

> BananaRepublican wrote:
> > did you catch him on 60 minutes last nite?
> > Drive 20% less , you'll save bucks and the fat cat OIL guys will

> suffer
> > a little bit themselves. supply and demand.
> > after all americans drive and fly just a little too much.
> > >

> > g adds.
> > MONEY , what a concept

> 50 bucks says that Andy travels in private jets and burns more fuel in
> a year than I will in 10.

That doesn't mean his suggestion is a bad on.

Ed

dr.benway March 29th 05 06:34 PM

Andy Rooney gives me gas! If everyone properly inflated their tires,
mileage would improve with a subsequent reduction in fuel usage.