AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   156SW towing (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=204)

David Brown June 22nd 04 12:16 AM

156SW towing

Hi, is the 2.4TD 156 Sportswagen a good car to tow a caravan with, thats
within the 85% 'rule'

Tom Boltwood June 22nd 04 02:49 PM

> From: "David Brown" >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:16:04 +0100
> Subject: 156SW towing
>
> Hi, is the 2.4TD 156 Sportswagen a good car to tow a caravan with, thats
> within the 85% 'rule'

Towing a caravan with an alfa *shudder*. I don't know much about kerb
weights, towing or what an earth an 85% rule is, but if you can't tow a
decent weight with the 2.4JTD I'd suggest there's something severely wrong
with your engine.

The fashion Police@alfa romeo.com June 22nd 04 09:04 PM

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:16:04 +0100, "David
>, wrote:

> Hi, is the 2.4TD 156 Sportswagen a good car to tow a caravan with, thats
> within the 85% 'rule'

No. Use something else please.

The fashion Police

Jon Lessly June 23rd 04 06:56 PM

A colleague had to replace shocks and other suspension parts on his 2.0 sw
due to towing a caravan only 4 times - car was only a year old. I would say
don't do it.

Alfistagj June 23rd 04 07:31 PM

"Jon Lessly" > schreef in bericht
> A colleague had to replace shocks and other suspension parts on his 2.0 sw
> due to towing a caravan only 4 times - car was only a year old. I would

say
> don't do it.

B*** s*** !!
Never heard of anyone with shock problems in combination with towbar /
caravan / boat etc.
And I do know a few constrution workers that pull over max loads
50000km/year with a 156 1.9 & 2.4JTD
1.9JTD has been choosen "pull car of the year" in The Netherlands!!
With the 2.4JTD you'll pull everything within limits.
Limits:
1300kgs for 1.6 / 1.8 / 2.0 / 1.9JTD
1400kgs for 2.5V6 / 2.4JTD
--