AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Found a Puma audience (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=13496)

Dennis Wik November 8th 04 10:58 PM

Found a Puma audience

Today I took my Puma for a run to the hospital PT where my wife was
getting a neck treatment. I was in the parking lot showing the car for
almost an hour to the staff from different departments as the word
spread. Two doctors are sports car people and they went nuts. The one
races his Shelby and could not get enough of my car. My ego is pumped
more than all the shows I've been to. Medical people have great taste.

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

jjs November 9th 04 12:04 AM

"Dennis Wik" > wrote in message
> Today I took my Puma for a run to the hospital PT where my wife was
> getting a neck treatment. I was in the parking lot showing the car for
> almost an hour to the staff from different departments as the word
> spread. Two doctors are sports car people and they went nuts. The one
> races his Shelby and could not get enough of my car. My ego is pumped
> more than all the shows I've been to. Medical people have great taste.

Way to go, Den. And best to your wife.

John

jjs November 9th 04 12:04 AM

Ah, forgot to mention.

There is a KELMARK in my future. :)

Dennis Wik November 9th 04 12:36 AM

John, tell me more about the Kelmark. I understand that they all had a
metal-flake finish and the first ones had side scoops. Dennis

Ben Boyle November 9th 04 02:59 AM

Isn't it a neat feeling? I get a bit of that with my Beetle but there isn't as much fascination because most people know
what it is. However, I get alot of that with my Citroen 2CV!

Dennis Wik November 9th 04 12:51 PM

Yes, it is a great feeling. I think it is when someone sees what you
see in your ride without prompting that blew me away. The rest was pure
gravy. Dennis

jjs November 9th 04 03:11 PM

"Dennis Wik" > wrote in message
> Yes, it is a great feeling. I think it is when someone sees what you
> see in your ride without prompting that blew me away. The rest was pure
> gravy. Dennis

Ya know, it actually embarasses me to return to my GTII-e with a crowd
around it. Me, the olde pharte getting into it kinda ruins the whole scene.
And now it looks like I might get a Dino. Decisions, decisions.

Dennis Wik November 9th 04 09:52 PM

John, do it for yourself, not for the reflections in the eyeballs of
others. I get a thrill just driving my old stuff and so should you.
If you don't have it, you can't drive it. If ya ain't goin' ta do it
just because you think it don't look right for an old pharte to be doin'
it, you ain't lookin' at it right John. You should quit doin' it
(whatever it is) when you can't do it anymore or can't remember how to
do it anymore. Now go and sin more without guilt.

John Willis December 5th 04 11:31 PM

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 15:52:31 -0600, (Dennis Wik)
scribbled this interesting note:

>John, do it for yourself, not for the reflections in the eyeballs of
>others. I get a thrill just driving my old stuff and so should you.
>If you don't have it, you can't drive it. If ya ain't goin' ta do it
>just because you think it don't look right for an old pharte to be doin'
>it, you ain't lookin' at it right John. You should quit doin' it
>(whatever it is) when you can't do it anymore or can't remember how to
>do it anymore. Now go and sin more without guilt.

Dennis, you're beginning to irritate me with this one.

Let explain why.

In my Dad's driveway there sit cars that could be daily drivers with
very littler effort. The most common among them is a 1967 Beetle
Convertible. There is also a 1966 Galaxy 500 Convertible as well as a
1934 DeSoto Four-Door Airflow.

The DeSoto is by far the most fun. Took it out for a drive one day and
people were almost having accidents just looking at it! Oh, and that
car is right hand drive. It runs and drives like a dream.

Now you make me want to go dig out some of his cars and drive them
around for a while!

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Dennis Wik December 6th 04 03:28 AM

Glad to do it....I would love the airflow also. Dennis