AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   MBZ Engine to Mopar Transmission? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=8523)

Ted Azito October 20th 04 06:41 AM

MBZ Engine to Mopar Transmission?

Is there any available way to couple a Mercedes engine-specifically a
OM 617 or the several diesel and gas engines with that bolt pattern-
to either a four speed Torqueflite which is available with a tailshaft
to mate to a transfer case or any of the bigger five or six speed
manuals? My goal actually is to put an OM 617 in a Jeep but I know
Mopar swaps are already common. (It's all one big family now, except
it isn't.)

Daniel J. Stern October 20th 04 04:31 PM

On Wed, 19 Oct 2004, Ted Azito wrote:

> Is there any available way to couple a Mercedes engine-specifically a OM
> 617 or the several diesel and gas engines with that bolt pattern- to
> either a four speed Torqueflite which is available with a tailshaft to
> mate to a transfer case or any of the bigger five or six speed manuals?
> My goal actually is to put an OM 617 in a Jeep but I know Mopar swaps
> are already common. (It's all one big family now, except it isn't.)

Nothing prefab; you're totally on your own.

Daniel J. Stern October 20th 04 04:31 PM