AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   One of These Days I'm Really Gonna Do it I Swear to God... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=59315)

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend March 13th 06 06:39 AM

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Twice in as many days I am waiting patiently at a crosswalk for my
> legal turn to cross. Twice in as many days, some oblivious ****head
> comes flying up just as my walk signal comes on and stops, fully
> blocking the crosswalk. Thursday's incident involved a silver VW Jetta
> being driven by a twentysomething male with a Bluetooth headset in his
> right ear. I got a really good look at it because his head was craned
> 90 degrees to the left as he approached his red light, hoping to see a
> gap in the cross traffic large enough to allow him to simply whip
> through the red light and around the corner witbhout stopping. No such
> luck, so he ended up coming to a stop directly across the crosswalk.
> As I walked behind his car, that trunk lid looked SOOOO tempting, but
> I resisted the impulse.
>
> The very next morning, at an intersection one block away, the exact
> same scenario, only this time it's an oblivious elderly Asian male
> driving a minivan. As I walked around behind his van, my fist was
> balled up, ready to strike, but once again I resisted, settling
> instead for an exaggerated shrug and a wry smile as I passed the lady
> who was crossing the street from the other side.
>
> Maybe what I need are some bumper stickers with really strong glue
> that I can slap onto the backs of these vehicles. The stickers would
> say something like "WARNING: I don't stop for red lights!" or "I
> flatten pedestrians for breakfast." Something that won't cause any
> actual damage, but will be damned annoying to remove - and maybe help
> increase their situational awareness.
> --
> What the heck, I'll play too.
> - Dave

Being a pedestrian is pretty much suicide nowadays. The answer, as
always, is severe penalties for the reckless drivers who imperil
walkers. Used to be a philosophy that the walker always has the right
of way and woe to any driver that hits one. That made drivers careful.

SheBlewHimDidYouBlowHim March 13th 06 11:49 AM

One of These Days I'm Really Gonna Do it I Swear to God...

Being a pedestrian is pretty much suicide nowadays. The answer, as
always, is severe penalties for the reckless drivers who imperil
walkers. Used to be a philosophy that the walker always has the right
of way and woe to any driver that hits one. That made drivers careful.

while I agree with that somewhat, and do not encourage people to run red
lights, a
lot of this red light issue would mostly go away if the GODDAMN USELESS
government would TIME THE ****ING TRAFFIC LIGHTS. Oh but wait, that
might cut down on the revenue flow and we can't have that now, can we?
Forget safety,
it's all about the money.

I get ****ing tired of stopping at traffic light #1, only to drive 2/10 of a
mile to get stopped by traffic light #2
only to drive 2/10 of a mile to get stopped by traffic light #3, etc., etc.

TIME THE GODDAMN ****ING TO HELL TRAFFIC LIGHTS

TedKennedyMurderedHisPregnantMistress.dwpj65@spamg March 13th 06 04:42 PM

SheBlewHimDidYouBlowHim wrote:
> Being a pedestrian is pretty much suicide nowadays. The answer, as
> always, is severe penalties for the reckless drivers who imperil
> walkers. Used to be a philosophy that the walker always has the right
> of way and woe to any driver that hits one. That made drivers careful.
>
> ************************************************** ******************
> while I agree with that somewhat, and do not encourage people to run red
> lights, a
> lot of this red light issue would mostly go away if the GODDAMN USELESS
> government would TIME THE ****ING TRAFFIC LIGHTS. Oh but wait, that
> might cut down on the revenue flow and we can't have that now, can we?
> Forget safety,
> it's all about the money.
>
> I get ****ing tired of stopping at traffic light #1, only to drive 2/10 of a
> mile to get stopped by traffic light #2
> only to drive 2/10 of a mile to get stopped by traffic light #3, etc., etc.
>
> TIME THE GODDAMN ****ING TO HELL TRAFFIC LIGHTS

I'd *LOVE* to see you try that in Orlando.

Jim Yanik March 13th 06 09:35 PM

One of These Days I'm Really Gonna Do it I Swear to God...

wrote in
oups.com:

> SheBlewHimDidYouBlowHim wrote:
>> Being a pedestrian is pretty much suicide nowadays. The answer, as
>> always, is severe penalties for the reckless drivers who imperil
>> walkers. Used to be a philosophy that the walker always has the
>> right of way and woe to any driver that hits one. That made drivers
>> careful.
>>
>> ************************************************** ******************
>> while I agree with that somewhat, and do not encourage people to run
>> red lights, a
>> lot of this red light issue would mostly go away if the GODDAMN
>> USELESS government would TIME THE ****ING TRAFFIC LIGHTS. Oh but
>> wait, that might cut down on the revenue flow and we can't have that
>> now, can we? Forget safety,
>> it's all about the money.
>>
>> I get ****ing tired of stopping at traffic light #1, only to drive
>> 2/10 of a mile to get stopped by traffic light #2
>> only to drive 2/10 of a mile to get stopped by traffic light #3,
>> etc., etc.
>>
>> TIME THE GODDAMN ****ING TO HELL TRAFFIC LIGHTS

> I'd *LOVE* to see you try that in Orlando.

Actually,I believe they "time" the lights deliberately to slow traffic;it's
one part of "traffic calming".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

SheBlewHimDidYouBlowHim March 14th 06 12:33 AM

One of These Days I'm Really Gonna Do it I Swear to God...

put me in charge of this country, I'd tell the goddamn government morons,
you have exactly 1 ****ing hour to get the damn traffic lights timed or you
will be shot and killed, YOUR CHOICE.