AutoBanter

-   Antique cars (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dumb Question on 69 Impala (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=7594)

Don August 18th 04 10:08 PM

Dumb Question on 69 Impala

Hi - I bought a very worn 69 Impala Custom 2 door htp and just started
to figure out what trouble I have gotten myself into - anyway my
question is does the same key open both the trunk and the doors or
does the ignition key open the doors also - I have the trunk key to
the car but not the ignition key - I cannot get the trunk key into the
door locks but they are so rusty and sticky that I am not sure if the
key doesn't work or it is just the door locks that are the problem

Anyway any help would be appreciated and thanks for your patience -
this is probably the first of a few questions I will be asking as I
start working on this beauty

JimV August 19th 04 02:34 PM

Don wrote:
> Hi - I bought a very worn 69 Impala Custom 2 door htp and just started
> to figure out what trouble I have gotten myself into - anyway my
> question is does the same key open both the trunk and the doors or
> does the ignition key open the doors also - I have the trunk key to
> the car but not the ignition key - I cannot get the trunk key into the
> door locks but they are so rusty and sticky that I am not sure if the
> key doesn't work or it is just the door locks that are the problem
>
> Anyway any help would be appreciated and thanks for your patience -
> this is probably the first of a few questions I will be asking as I
> start working on this beauty

If memory serves, the ignition key opens the doors also. The trunk key
and the glove box key are the same.

ThaDriver August 25th 04 10:13 AM

>If memory serves, the ignition key opens the doors also. The trunk key and
the glove box key are the same.
*********
I think that's pretty much the norm for all US cars from somewhere around
the mid 80's back.
What part of the globe are you on, Don?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"