AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   M38A1 electrical (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=35087)

Thom June 10th 05 09:27 PM

M38A1 electrical

Hi guys,

A friend of mine bought a M38A1, and his "project" is now at the wiring. But
the electrical system isn't in stock condition anymore, lots of POs tweaking
stuf.....
Does anyone have a link to an online electral schematic of the wiring on a
M38A1?

Thanks,
Thom.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III June 10th 05 11:42 PM

Does it still have the 24 volt water proof system? If not Finnish
the conversion to twelve volt via:
http://www.billhughes.com/v6jeepwire.jpg
http://www.billhughes.com/cj5instrumentcluster.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III June 11th 05 12:26 AM

http://www.debellajeepparts.com/m38specials.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Thom June 11th 05 04:51 PM

Thanks Bill.

He is in the middle of the conversion to 12v. Or should I say building 12v
from the ground up. We figured out where most of the wiring should connect
to, except for the alternator. It has markings on it we can't quite figure
out. Since it's made in France (Ducellier) he'll bring it to a
Renault/Citroen dealer/garage and ask what should go where.

Thom.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III June 11th 05 05:37 PM

Hi Thom,
I'd talk him into a Delco, twenty bucks will get him a rebuilt any
day of the week, with minutes of the trail. One wire goes to the
battery, and one to the ignition switch:
http://www.billhughes.com/LateAlternator.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Thom June 11th 05 10:21 PM

We discussed the possibility of just trying the alternator, guessing what
terminal does what. Both agreed is would be saver and cheaper to buy a new
one with documentation or directions. I have the Delco setup on my Chevy 350
in the CJ7, but here in the Netherlands the Delco alternators are not as
commonplace as they are in the USA I'm afraid, but I'll talk him into one.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III June 11th 05 10:53 PM

I didn't realize you were in Holland.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/