AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   DO NOT UNINSTALL GTP MOD!!!!! HUGE DEVASTATING BUG! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=21730)

buster January 20th 05 08:29 PM

DO NOT UNINSTALL GTP MOD!!!!! HUGE DEVASTATING BUG!

UNINSTALLING THE GTP MOD WIPES OUT THE ENTIRE ROOT DRIVE OF WHERE IT WAS
INSTALLED!!!!!

RodP January 20th 05 08:32 PM

In article >,
says...

> UNINSTALLING THE GTP MOD WIPES OUT THE ENTIRE ROOT DRIVE OF WHERE IT WAS
> INSTALLED!!!!!

You sure it didn't happen when the power was cut from your trailer?

Cheers,
Rod.

Malc January 20th 05 09:56 PM

"buster" > wrote in message
> UNINSTALLING THE GTP MOD WIPES OUT THE ENTIRE ROOT DRIVE OF WHERE IT WAS
> INSTALLED!!!!!

Pity you didn't install it on your C:\ drive buster. Any chance you could
sort of not post here at all? I'd really appreciate it.

Malc.

Larry January 21st 05 02:19 AM

I guess the guy was right.

From the website:

"We are very sorry to announce we had, as many found, a major bug with the
install of the MOD and have to solve the issues. An update is in the works
and soon hopefully a return."

I believe a few apologies to this gent are in order...

-Larry

buster January 21st 05 03:18 AM

Thanks.

JP January 21st 05 03:37 AM

Hehe, was wondering when this would be noticed. Had to have a few spout
off before checking the facts though. Seems to happen on a regular basis
here, hehe.

Alan Le January 21st 05 04:11 AM

> "We are very sorry to announce we had, as many found, a major bug with the
> install of the MOD and have to solve the issues. An update is in the works
> and soon hopefully a return."

Me thinks the "bug" is more likely to be the actual installation routine.
Besides some users' inability to even complete the installation, there's
also the problem of it hosing the NR2003 installation if you try to install
GTP on top of it. If the bug were as large as wiping out an entire drive, I
would think (hope) they'd issue a big fat warning. Heck, I can't even find
a shortcut to uninstall though there are a few executables in the GTP
directory that look like they're it.

Anyway, buster's contributions to RAS have been limited to random bits of
flaming, so I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Alan

Malc January 21st 05 12:49 PM

"Larry" > wrote in message
> I guess the guy was right.

> I believe a few apologies to this gent are in order...

This reminds me of a story about a boy who cried "Wolf".

Sorry buster.

Malc.

Clancy January 21st 05 12:59 PM

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:19:21 -0500, "Larry" > wrote:

>I guess the guy was right.
>
>From the website:
>
>"We are very sorry to announce we had, as many found, a major bug with the
>install of the MOD and have to solve the issues. An update is in the works
>and soon hopefully a return."
>
>I believe a few apologies to this gent are in order...

WRONG. How can there be an uninstall bug when there is no actual
uninstall routine/program in the mod? To uninstall the mod, all you do
is delete the Redline GTP folder.

Please check your facts, people, before feeding the trolls. I'm sure
we'll know more about the "major bug" in a few days time, but I'm 100%
certain it's got nothing to do with uninstalling the mod.

Larry January 21st 05 02:03 PM

I just think some of the responses were a bit ubrupt and not really
necessary. I prefer civility.

-Larry