AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Alfa 156 Brake Problem (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=295)

Catman July 25th 04 01:26 PM

Mitch wrote:

> I noticed this morning that every time I press the brake pedal I can hear
> switch "clicking" sound. It only takes light pressure to cause it and it
> is definately not a suspension type sound as it immediately follows on
> from a press on the pedal.
>
> Does any one know what this might be?

At a wild guess, it's probably the brake light switch on the pedal...

> Cheers in advance.

No problem

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

Mitch July 25th 04 02:49 PM

Catman, I should have said that I can hear the noise externally, it is
definately not inside the car.

"Catman" > wrote in message
> Mitch wrote:
>
> > I noticed this morning that every time I press the brake pedal I can

hear
> > switch "clicking" sound. It only takes light pressure to cause it and

it
> > is definately not a suspension type sound as it immediately follows on
> > from a press on the pedal.
> >
> > Does any one know what this might be?

> At a wild guess, it's probably the brake light switch on the pedal...
>
> > Cheers in advance.

> No problem
>
> --
> Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3
> Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright (Remove rust to reply)
> Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
> Triumph Speed Triple: Black with extra black bits
> www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

---

Simon Mason July 26th 04 01:22 PM

"Mitch" > wrote in message
> I noticed this morning that every time I press the brake pedal I can hear

> switch "clicking" sound. It only takes light pressure to cause it and it

is
> definately not a suspension type sound as it immediately follows on from a
> press on the pedal.
>
> Does any one know what this might be?

I get this. It's the rear brake pads clicking in their calipers, doesn't
seem to be a problem.
--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

155fan August 5th 04 01:09 PM

Hi;
I have this problem at the moment. Sounds a bit like a push bike
freewheeling, sorta click,click,click. Happens when I break or turn
sharply at low speed. Coming from fron passenger side.
Collegues have suggested that it is the CV joint. It should be packed
with grease by a mechanic. If that doesnt work then a replacement may be
needed.
Apparently can cause tyre wear. Dont know if can cause other problems
with stearing.

[email protected] August 6th 04 10:41 PM

"Mitch" > wrote in message >...
> I noticed this morning that every time I press the brake pedal I can hear a
> switch "clicking" sound. It only takes light pressure to cause it and it is
> definately not a suspension type sound as it immediately follows on from a
> press on the pedal.
>
> Does any one know what this might be?
>
> Cheers in advance.
>

> ---

Hi Mitch,
Check out my reply to the thread, [146 suspension / steering loud
scraping noise] it could apply to your fault too.
John, UK.