AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2k Dodge Caravan Rear vent Window Problem (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=26880)

Nelson Wilbury March 14th 05 12:06 AM

2k Dodge Caravan Rear vent Window Problem

I have a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan with pwr windows. The Driver-side
rear vent window will not open. The passenger side vent operates. Is
there anything I can do before asking a dealer to fix it?

Thanks

Jim

Dan C March 14th 05 02:46 AM

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:06:09 -0500, Nelson Wilbury wrote:

> I have a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan with pwr windows. The Driver-side
> rear vent window will not open. The passenger side vent operates. Is
> there anything I can do before asking a dealer to fix it?

Sounds like the little motor which opens the vent window is failing. Same
thing happened in my 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager, and I replaced the motor
myself. Very simple, and the motor costs about $75 as I recall.

Linux Registered User #327951

Nelson Wilbury March 17th 05 03:26 AM

Dan,
Thanks.

How do I get to the motor? In other words, how do I remove the
plastic pannel?

Thanks
Nelson
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:46:15 -0600, Dan C

Dan C March 17th 05 04:42 AM

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:26:33 -0500, Nelson Wilbury wrote:

> How do I get to the motor? In other words, how do I remove the
> plastic pannel?

You know, I can't recall exactly, but it wasn't that difficult. Might
have come in from the rear, with the liftgate open, but I just can't
remember. Probably the plastic panels just pry out by lifting up on an
edge. Sorry, wish I could help you more, but just try the obvious things,
as I was able to figure it out without any problems.

Linux Registered User #327951