AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Replacing oddment tray with proper armrest on an M5/5 series (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=2492)

dweezil December 25th 04 10:50 PM

Replacing oddment tray with proper armrest on an M5/5 series

I just purchased a 2001 M5 (with Dinan S2 upgrades - what a car!). I
replaced the factory installed phone with the BMW Bluetooth upgrade
package. It works great, but I don't understand the need for the
"oddment tray" that sits between the two armrests - I find that my arm
slips into the hole on the oddment tray. Bottom line is I'd much rather
just have a nice piece of leather there, and one large armrest.

Given that the "oddment tray" just clicks out, it is certainly possible
that someone has designed a little leather block that just clicks right
in in its place. Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

Chip BROWN January 1st 05 04:46 AM

Just replace it with the full cover, rather expensive but a much better
look.

oups.com...