AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   98 cherokee starting (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=71529)

jeep August 5th 06 12:43 PM

98 cherokee starting

hello everyone, my 98 cherokee sport, six, auto, 107,000 miles seems to be
starting to have an issue when i first fire it up. seems like its taking
alittle longer to fire up then normal. doesnt do it all the time but can be
like five or six seconds of turning over before it fires. i have seen some
remarks about the crankshaft position sensor? and am wondering if anyone
thinks that could be the problem. should i try the key on off thing first.
also wondering if its a replaceable part by me or the garage has to do it.
plugs and wires are good. thanks john jr

Lon August 5th 06 06:03 PM

98 cherokee starting

Turn the key on, wait 5 seconds then try to start. If that fixes it,
you are losing fuel pressure in the injection rails. You may or may not
decide it is worth fixing as opposed to just turning the key on for 5
seconds then waiting.

jeep proclaimed: