AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   96 Town & Country Oxygen Sensor (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=8542)

techdrive October 21st 04 11:39 PM

96 Town & Country Oxygen Sensor

I need to change my upper (manifold) O2 sensor and I can just see it from
under the vehicle way up on top of the rear manifold. Anyone have any
proceedures for getting to it? It looks like I need to drop the engine or
something drastic like that to get to it. Help!

maxpower October 21st 04 11:43 PM

Before dropping the engine......take it to a shop and ask them to get it
off, its easier to raise the vehicle then pull the engine
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech
lkaboutautos.com...

maxpower October 21st 04 11:43 PM

Before dropping the engine......take it to a shop and ask them to get it
off, its easier to raise the vehicle then pull the engine
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech
lkaboutautos.com...

techdrive October 22nd 04 12:56 AM

Do you know a proceedure? I was hoping to keep out of the shop if possible
sparing funds. Thanks

techdrive October 22nd 04 12:56 AM

maxpower October 22nd 04 01:01 AM

well you never did say what engine it has?? if its the 3.3/3.8 with a
specail wrench you may be able to get it from the top,

maxpower October 22nd 04 01:01 AM

techdrive October 22nd 04 01:58 AM

Thanks, It is the 3.8, forgot to mention that.

techdrive October 22nd 04 01:58 AM

Thanks, It is the 3.8, forgot to mention that.

mic canic October 23rd 04 09:11 PM

if you have a new one then cut the wires off at the sensor so u can use
a regular socket to remove it from underneath just jack it up