AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Shock ! Horror ! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=34957)

Juper Wort June 9th 05 08:12 AM

Shock ! Horror !

From what you US guys say, I cannot imagine VWOA doing anything like this.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y218/J...t=Image000.jpg

Three pics...

There's no price tag on it yet, but there again, nothing in the window
has... Its a 70 model, very nice condition, haven't seen inside it yet as
the place was shut.

James

Juper Wort June 9th 05 08:15 AM

"Juper Wort" > wrote in message
> From what you US guys say, I cannot imagine VWOA doing anything like this.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y218/J...t=Image000.jpg

> Three pics...
>
> There's no price tag on it yet, but there again, nothing in the window
> has... Its a 70 model, very nice condition, haven't seen inside it yet as
> the place was shut.
>

> James

OK, so links to others may help
http://photobucket.com/albums/y218/J...t=Image001.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/y218/J...t=Image002.jpg

Quality not A1, as I only had my phone with me...

June 9th 05 11:18 AM

That nasty old antique would be on it's way to the crusher if VWOA had it.
Andy

"Juper Wort" > wrote in message
> From what you US guys say, I cannot imagine VWOA doing anything like this.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y218/J...ent=Image000.j
pg

Remco June 9th 05 03:16 PM

Juper Wort wrote:
> From what you US guys say, I cannot imagine VWOA doing anything like this.
>
> http://photobucket.com/albums/y218/J...t=Image000.jpg
>
> Three pics...
>
> There's no price tag on it yet, but there again, nothing in the window
> has... Its a 70 model, very nice condition, haven't seen inside it yet as
> the place was shut.
>

> James

A beauty! Let us know when you are getting it :)
Remco

Juper Wort June 9th 05 03:54 PM

"Remco" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Juper Wort wrote:
> > From what you US guys say, I cannot imagine VWOA doing anything like

this.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y218/J...t=Image000.jpg

> > Three pics...
> >
> > There's no price tag on it yet, but there again, nothing in the window
> > has... Its a 70 model, very nice condition, haven't seen inside it yet

as
> > the place was shut.
> >

> > James

> A beauty! Let us know when you are getting it :)
> Remco

Ha Ha. Love to. With two Beetles, a Westy and a Peugeot 406, theres not much
space. In fact, if i sell the lot, will still be not enough to afford it.

James

Dennis Wik June 9th 05 04:32 PM

Follow the money. Thanks to Disney's Herbie Movie, it is a gold mine
for VW dealers right now and they will make the most of it........all is
forgiven, right? Well, maybe until next year anyway.

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Howard Rose June 9th 05 05:27 PM

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 08:12:50 +0100, "Juper Wort"
> wrote:

>From what you US guys say, I cannot imagine VWOA doing anything like this.
>
>http://photobucket.com/albums/y218/J...t=Image000.jpg
>
>Three pics...
>
>There's no price tag on it yet, but there again, nothing in the window
>has... Its a 70 model, very nice condition, haven't seen inside it yet as
>the place was shut.

There was another dealer somewhere with a brand new unregistered 1978
"Last Edition"!

There is also a classic car show along Poole Quay every Friday night -
each night has a "theme" of cars. One of the nights is "Beetle
Night", and anyone with a Beetle (old and new) can go and park their
car there. That night is sponsored by the local VW agents!!!

--
Howard Rose
1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe

Tom Nakashima June 9th 05 08:53 PM

"Howard Rose" > wrote in message > --
> Howard Rose
> 1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe
> 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe
> 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
> http://www.howard81.co.uk/ (cars on website)

So how did your '66 come out?
-tom

Bill Berckman June 10th 05 12:36 AM

They better remove that quickly before VWoA pulls their dealership
franchise. Nice to see one of those in the showroom again. :o)

Anthony W June 10th 05 12:40 AM

Bill Berckman wrote:
> They better remove that quickly before VWoA pulls their dealership
> franchise. Nice to see one of those in the showroom again. :o)

The VW dealer in Beaverton, Oregon has a restored 67 on the show room
floor and has for many years. I tried to buy it 3 years ago and they
wouldn't even talk to me about it.

Tony