AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Noise when turning (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=73336)

[email protected] August 28th 06 04:25 PM

Noise when turning

My 97 civic is making a groaning/grinding noise when turning left
pretty sharply. From what I've read, it's likely the be the outer CV
joint. Anyboyd have any idea of how much money it costs to fix a failed
outer CV? Also, can I keep driving the car with the CV I have now?

Thanks!

TeGGeR® August 29th 06 04:13 AM

Noise when turning

" > wrote in
oups.com:

> My 97 civic is making a groaning/grinding noise when turning left
> pretty sharply. From what I've read, it's likely the be the outer CV
> joint. Anyboyd have any idea of how much money it costs to fix a failed
> outer CV? Also, can I keep driving the car with the CV I have now?

A failed outer CV joint will click-click-click-click or clunk-clunk-clunk-
clunk, or make some other regular noise.

Your problem sounds more like a seizing lower balljoint. Better get that
looked at right quick, or...
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/lower...int/index.html
(I didn't have much fun that day.)

--