AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   ActLab ForceRS paddles/rFactor 1150 stability? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=71780)

[email protected] August 8th 06 05:12 PM

ActLab ForceRS paddles/rFactor 1150 stability?

So I'm super excited to try the new rFactor and mods, and one of my AL
ForceRS paddles breaks! I don't see any spares available through
ActLabs - anyone got a source or dead wheel they want to sell? I'd
snap up a LogiG25 if they were out.

Also - has anyone seen 1150 of rFactor to be *much* less stable than
previous versions? I get random CTDs all over the place, even when
sitting in the menus. I've tried the obvious stuff (disabled the menu
animations and music). I'm still running an un-modded reinstall - I
thought it was OK when I let the AI take the F1 BMW around Toban for a
few hours, but I still get totally random crashes at other times. No
error message, just straight CTD.

Thanks for any help,
Kendt

System specs - Opteron (perfectly stable)-2gb RAM-6800Ultra
w/91.31 drivers
I may crank it down, but it passes every stress-test as configured.

Bob Simpson August 8th 06 05:50 PM

ActLab ForceRS paddles/rFactor 1150 stability?

Your system looks good enough. I'm not getting any CTDs at all so far,
but I've only driven for 0.5 to 1.0 hours - mostly with the 1979 F1
Mod. I reinstalled and I've added back many of the mods and tracks
that I had DLed before.

I have AMD 3700+, ATI X1900XT, 2GB RAM, Windows XP Home.

Bob Simpson

[email protected] August 10th 06 08:05 PM

Bob Simpson wrote:
> You can use any of the many buttons on the front of the wheel that you
> like to change gears, of course.
>
> I just so happens that I broke one of the paddles on my Act-Labs Force
> RS and got a replacement set. Contact me at
> and depending on which one it is,
> we might be able to work something out. (remove SPAMLESS btw). I'm
> surprised that they don't offer this as a spare part since it's pretty
> flimsy and likely to break.
>
> Bob Simpson

Thanks - you are a thoroughly helpful bloke ;).
I think I'm covered - I found someone with a spare set of paddles.
My CTDs turned out to be my BIOS reseting the CPU voltage to default -
not enough to crash alot of other things, but rFactor was just taxing
enough for me to finally notice. A 1.8Ghz Opteron @ 2.7Ghz needs a
little extra juice ;) (only 0.05V actually)

Thanks!
Kendt