AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   BMW CCA "Membership Reward"? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=2090)

Ted Johnson November 5th 04 06:19 PM

BMW CCA "Membership Reward"?

The BMW CCA (Car Club of America) claims that they'll
give a reward ($$$) if you buy a new or CPO BMW from
a dealer.

Older versions of this reward (as found in old 'Roundel'
magazines) actually listed amounts (eg, $1500 for a Z3),
but the newer ads are vague.

Have any of you actually collected on this?
It sounds too good to be true.

Thanks in advance.
-Ted

Fred W. November 5th 04 07:17 PM

"Ted Johnson" > wrote in message
> The BMW CCA (Car Club of America) claims that they'll
> give a reward ($$$) if you buy a new or CPO BMW from
> a dealer.
>
> Older versions of this reward (as found in old 'Roundel'
> magazines) actually listed amounts (eg, $1500 for a Z3),
> but the newer ads are vague.
>
> Have any of you actually collected on this?
> It sounds too good to be true.

Here are the amounts:
http://www.bmwcca.org/PDFs/Form-Memb...eckRequest.pdf

So a CPO BMW car of model gets you $500.

Yes, it is definitely "for real."

-Fred W

Ramone Cila November 5th 04 10:43 PM

"Ted Johnson" > wrote in message
> The BMW CCA (Car Club of America) claims that they'll
> give a reward ($$$) if you buy a new or CPO BMW from
> a dealer.
>
> Older versions of this reward (as found in old 'Roundel'
> magazines) actually listed amounts (eg, $1500 for a Z3),
> but the newer ads are vague.
>
> Have any of you actually collected on this?
> It sounds too good to be true.

I have collected on this 3 times in the past 7 years. Last time was April
2004 when I received a $ 1000.00 rebate check for our 545 purchase. To my
knowledge the rebates are still at the same levels....500 for 3, 1000 for 5
and 1500 for 7, I don't know the levels for the Z or X cars, M cars follow
the same as above.

By the way the rebate isn't just for purchases, you get them if you lease as
well. And the rebate does not come from BMWCCA....it comes directly from
BMWNA. BMWCCA just administers the program, the check is cut by BMW
themselves.

GRL November 6th 04 12:45 AM

The eligibility description in the link is subject to several
interpretations.

Is it correct that you must be a member of the club for a full year BEFORE
you can take advantage of the discounts?

- GRL

Tom Korth November 6th 04 12:54 AM

"Ramone Cila" > wrote in message

> "Ted Johnson" > wrote in message
>> The BMW CCA (Car Club of America) claims that they'll
>> give a reward ($$$) if you buy a new or CPO BMW from
>> a dealer.
>>
>> Older versions of this reward (as found in old 'Roundel'
>> magazines) actually listed amounts (eg, $1500 for a Z3),
>> but the newer ads are vague.
>>
>> Have any of you actually collected on this?
>> It sounds too good to be true.

> I have collected on this 3 times in the past 7 years. Last time was April
> 2004 when I received a $ 1000.00 rebate check for our 545 purchase. To my
> knowledge the rebates are still at the same levels....500 for 3, 1000 for
> 5
> and 1500 for 7, I don't know the levels for the Z or X cars, M cars follow
> the same as above.

I collected $500.00 for my Z4. But Ted should understand that you must be a
member for at least one year prior to purchase to get the rebate. As others
have pointed out, the Roundel subscription alone is worth the annual dues -
to say nothing of the 10-20% discounts offered by many dealers & others.

Tom

fbloogyudsr November 6th 04 01:00 AM

"GRL" > wrote
> The eligibility description in the link is subject to several
> interpretations.
>
> Is it correct that you must be a member of the club for a full year BEFORE
> you can take advantage of the discounts?

Unequivocally yes.

Floyd

Stuck in Central Florida November 6th 04 12:43 PM

It is the best accessory that you can put in a new BMW. The now $40 saves
with rebates and discounts. There are driving schools, social events and
more. Also one very good magazine.

John Carrier November 7th 04 12:30 AM

"Ted Johnson" > wrote in message
> The BMW CCA (Car Club of America) claims that they'll
> give a reward ($$$) if you buy a new or CPO BMW from
> a dealer.
>
> Older versions of this reward (as found in old 'Roundel'
> magazines) actually listed amounts (eg, $1500 for a Z3),
> but the newer ads are vague.
>
> Have any of you actually collected on this?

Yep, $1000 rebate on an 03 5 series. You must be a member for at least a
year and you get a max of one reward per year. Given by BMWNA to BMWCCA
members.

R / John

Dave Rhodes November 7th 04 06:05 PM

(Ted Johnson) wrote:

>The BMW CCA (Car Club of America) claims that they'll
>give a reward ($$$) if you buy a new or CPO BMW from
>a dealer.
>
>Older versions of this reward (as found in old 'Roundel'
>magazines) actually listed amounts (eg, $1500 for a Z3),
>but the newer ads are vague.
>
>Have any of you actually collected on this?
>It sounds too good to be true.

What's too good to be true? BMW NA does this for members of the
*totally* independent BMW CCA (which is sometimes antagonistic to the
company) because members tend to buy more BMW's. You don't have to
have a BMW to join. I've been a member since 1981 and have got rebates
on 4 new cars over time. None has ever been anywhere near $1,500,
though. The last 3 (330xi, Z4, and X3) were each $500.

Tom Korth November 7th 04 09:58 PM

"Dave Rhodes" > wrote in message
> (Ted Johnson) wrote:
>

> What's too good to be true? BMW NA does this for members of the
> *totally* independent BMW CCA (which is sometimes antagonistic to the
> company) because members tend to buy more BMW's. You don't have to
> have a BMW to join. I've been a member since 1981 and have got rebates
> on 4 new cars over time. None has ever been anywhere near $1,500,
> though. The last 3 (330xi, Z4, and X3) were each $500.

As I'm a relative newcomer to BMW autos & have only been a CCA member since
2000, does anyone recall when the rebates started? Thanks.

Tom