AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   99 Mustang blowing fuel pump fuses (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=73270)

Delawaredave August 27th 06 01:25 PM

99 Mustang blowing fuel pump fuses

99 Mustang, 60K miles, V6.

Every couple days, driving along, car starts starts to sputter, RPMs
drop, then fuel pump fuse blows.

Trying to rule everything out before replacing fuel pump.

Just replaced filter. I was able to "blow through" the old one - so
I'm not sure replacing will solve problem.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks for your help ! Delawaredave

Jon[_3_] August 27th 06 07:19 PM

99 Mustang blowing fuel pump fuses

"Delawaredave" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> 99 Mustang, 60K miles, V6.
>
> Every couple days, driving along, car starts starts to sputter, RPMs
> drop, then fuel pump fuse blows.
>
> Trying to rule everything out before replacing fuel pump.
>
> Just replaced filter. I was able to "blow through" the old one - so
> I'm not sure replacing will solve problem.
>
> Any other ideas ?
>
> Thanks for your help ! Delawaredave

bad tank of gas, with water in it.

filter still could have been bad.