AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Passat replacement engine (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=71627)

[email protected] August 6th 06 05:27 PM

Passat replacement engine

My Passat 1.8T's engine finally terminated yesterday. I am now loooking
round for a replacement engine and was wondering if rather than
replacing it with the same 1.8T it would be possible to replace it with
any of the other engine options?

Jack Lowry August 7th 06 03:04 AM

Passat replacement engine

wrote:
> My Passat 1.8T's engine finally terminated yesterday. I am now loooking
> round for a replacement engine and was wondering if rather than
> replacing it with the same 1.8T it would be possible to replace it with
> any of the other engine options?

So why did you engine give up the ghost?

I've got a '99 with 211k and it runs like it did once it was broken in.

[email protected] August 7th 06 12:53 PM

Passat replacement engine

Jack

Camshaft seized, think it was the dreaded oil sludge problem despite
having had the oil & filter changed only 6 weeks ago. I am waiting for
a more detailed report from the garage and hope to put my case to VW as
the car is a only 6 years old and has under 80,000 miles on the clock.
I have only recently become aware of the oil problems so am not sure I
have all the bills to confirm that the oil changes were done within the
specified periods.
To be honest my local dealership where I bought it from 4 years ago are
worse than useless so I have only had it serviced with them once. The
other services were done by a local independent garage.

If anyone out there has experience of the best way to approach VW in
the UK about this please let me know.

David