AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Does tirefoam damage tires? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=69745)

[email protected] July 15th 06 01:12 AM

Does tirefoam damage tires?

I used tirefoam on my tires about 4 times this month, and have found
that my tire sidewalls had thick black waxy material on the surface
where I used the foam. This stuff does not seem to be just regular
grime, since after wiping it doesn't seem clean off. I have the
feeling that the foam "melts" some of the surface of the sidewall.
Should I be worried?
Your help is appreciated.

sdlomi2[_1_] July 15th 06 01:34 AM

Does tirefoam damage tires?

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I used tirefoam on my tires about 4 times this month, and have found
> that my tire sidewalls had thick black waxy material on the surface
> where I used the foam. This stuff does not seem to be just regular
> grime, since after wiping it doesn't seem clean off. I have the
> feeling that the foam "melts" some of the surface of the sidewall.
> Should I be worried?
> Your help is appreciated.

Some brands of that stuff work well only after cleaning tire first; then
use the foam for a tire-shine only. Don't think it hurts the tire
otherwise. Hth, s