AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   97 TJ heater ? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38827)

dick July 22nd 05 11:56 AM

97 TJ heater ?

We just bought a haynes manual for tips on heater core replacement but it is
very incomplete (89-2000 wrangler)
on TJ`s. Is it necessary to remove dash & discharge air to replace a leaking
core? What is the procedure?
thanks
Dick

J Strickland July 22nd 05 06:33 PM

Sorry, I can't help with the procedure, but I can say with certainty that
your new Haynes manual will leave you scratching your head on most jobs you
attempt to undertake.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III July 22nd 05 10:55 PM

Hi Dick,
Of course, the evaporator will be the last thing to come out:
http://www.billhughes.com/temp/TJevaporator.pdf
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Troy July 22nd 05 11:13 PM

Ya it's a big pain... gotta take out the dash, passenger seat also would
make things easier, discharge the ac, somehow undo the crimp (2 of them) in
the ac line they put in, before the firewall undo about 7 bolts on the
firewall, and one of them has two nuts on it, one is behind the bracket
you'll see after taking the first one off. Then the big black box that you
rip out has to be taken apart to get to the core.

I tried to do this myself once.

Pay someone to do it for you is what I say.

Since my jeep is no longer my daily driver (and I broke alot of stuff trying
to do it myself) I removed the heating/ac totally. Gonna put an onboard air
system where the factory ac compressor used to be.

btw haynes sux i tried lookin at that too for this job.

Troy

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III July 22nd 05 11:32 PM

I like your idea.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

tim bur July 23rd 05 02:09 AM

yep the dash comes out and with out airtools it's a 2 day job

tim bur July 23rd 05 02:12 AM

where u located ????

dick July 23rd 05 03:46 AM

N Michigan

tim bur July 23rd 05 03:15 PM

s michigan and i would be happy to do the heater core