AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Engine swap ? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=21540)

Deputy Dog December 27th 04 10:09 PM

Engine swap ?

What would be involved in swapping out a 4.6 out of a 97 Mustang and
replaceing it with a 01-02 Cobra motor.

Dave

December 27th 04 10:26 PM

Stick in an 03-04 Cobra motor :x

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

trainfan1 December 27th 04 10:31 PM

Deputy Dog wrote:

> What would be involved in swapping out a 4.6 out of a 97 Mustang and
> replaceing it with a 01-02 Cobra motor.
>
> Dave

Having a donor/wreck would be almost mandatory to do it
economically(which means "for considerably less $$ than just going out &
buying a Cobra") especially considering the value of your labor.

Rob

Deputy Dog December 28th 04 01:24 AM

according to my bro/inlaw he picked up the motor plus trans from ford racing
plus a few other goodies and is having it installed for about 5-6 grand.
Dave