AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   96 a-6 quattro transmission question (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=64545)

Rob Alward May 8th 06 01:42 AM

96 a-6 quattro transmission question

I just completed a filter and fluid change. used Pentosin ATF1 Now when I
start car up in morning after sitting all night.. It has this cavitation
noise after start up but eventually goes away after it gets warm.. Car
shifts fine etc.. any ideas on this. I have rechecked fluid level after it
has warmed up and it is full..??

Tony May 9th 06 02:23 AM

Rob Alward wrote:
> I just completed a filter and fluid change. used Pentosin ATF1 Now when I
> start car up in morning after sitting all night.. It has this cavitation
> noise after start up but eventually goes away after it gets warm.. Car
> shifts fine etc.. any ideas on this. I have rechecked fluid level after it
> has warmed up and it is full..??

I didn't think they had a level checking dip stick. Requires VAG system to
interrogate the trans to see if level is OK.

If this is the case you may be low on fluid.

Rob Alward June 1st 06 03:33 AM

96 a-6 quattro transmission question

Found my own problem.. car has to be running and warm when the final check
for level is done. Car now shifts really smooth and no hesitation in lower
gears.