AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   98 Grand Voyager Radiator Fan won't shut off (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=8601)

Byron Clinkingbeard October 26th 04 03:24 AM

98 Grand Voyager Radiator Fan won't shut off

Just got home from work and the radiator fan won't shut off. Pulled
the 40A fuse and shut it down, but I'm thinking there must be a relay
sticking. There isn't a relay in the relay/fuse panel under the hood.
Can anybody help me? Short of taking the fuse out every time I turn
it off, what can I do until I can get it in the shop?

Roger Sircar October 26th 04 02:06 PM

There is a fan relay on the inside fender driverside that controls the fan.
It appears to be a stuck relay. There was a recall few years back about bad
relays, I had a van that had the same symptoms. Replaced the relay by
Chrysler and it worked fine after that.

om...

Roger Sircar October 26th 04 02:06 PM

mic canic October 27th 04 01:55 AM

the relay is on the left front frame rail below r the airbox 4748268aa is
the part number if i remember correctly and there was a recall on some
vehicles for the relay failing

mic canic October 27th 04 01:55 AM

Bob Hewitt November 2nd 04 01:48 AM

Just posted that I have a 93 Chrysler New Yorker 5h Ave. with the
radiator fan stuck. Where is this switch located on the 3.8 engine??
Bob

Bob Hewitt November 2nd 04 01:48 AM

maxpower November 2nd 04 09:27 AM

coolant temp sensor may be bad, located at the thermostat area just below
the coil

maxpower November 2nd 04 09:27 AM