AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   1996 A6 Check engine light problems!!! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=61969)

BSA101 April 10th 06 09:41 PM

1996 A6 Check engine light problems!!!

Check engine light is on all the time and AutoZone cannot get ANY
readings from the plug in under the dash?? Anyone else have this
problem? The car runs great!

bsa101

KLS April 10th 06 11:47 PM

On 10 Apr 2006 13:41:58 -0700, "BSA101" > wrote:

>Check engine light is on all the time and AutoZone cannot get ANY
>readings from the plug in under the dash?? Anyone else have this
>problem? The car runs great!

Are you tightening your gas cap fully? Sometimes a loose gas cap will
generate that false light. Happened to me the first month I owned my
A4, but not since now that I tighten my gas cap two or three clicks.