AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Newbie Audi owner question: Manuals (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=74238)

queticoman September 9th 06 06:27 PM

Newbie Audi owner question: Manuals

Just purchased a 1994 Audi 100S. Man do I like what I see so far.
Everything under the hood is laid out nicey and easy to get at. I've only
owned American cars before with everything shoe-horned in.

What I'm looking for are good maintnenance manuals for this car. I've
always used Haynes or Chilton. These do not seem to be available for this
car.

I got really excited when I saw that Bentley publishing offered online
searchable manuals. I thought these would be even more detailed than what I
am used to. I tried the 3 day subscription. While I found a bunch of great
data on the vehicle, I could not find any type of step-by-step instructions
on how to do things.

I checked alldata.com and seem to get about the same result.

Am I not looking at something right? Is what I'm looking for there and I'm
just not searching right? Do I need to go to another source for
step-by-step instructions? Is there a source?

Thanks in advance.

Tony[_1_] September 9th 06 08:43 PM

Newbie Audi owner question: Manuals

Bentley is your best choice but, like you said, it is lacking on the procedures.

A combination of the manual and spending time and searching history on the Audi
sites like AudiWorld, MotorGeeks, and this newsgroup should get you through
anything you want to do. There is a lot of support on the Internet.