AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hemi Pacifica (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=22973)

NJ Vike February 1st 05 11:17 PM

Hemi Pacifica

Makes you wonder if the insurance company won't pay for injuries should the
individual require medical attention.

Ken

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

NJ Vike February 3rd 05 09:57 AM

Looks like I made a mistake here. I was replying to the wrong thread.

My question here is does anyone think that Chrysler will put the Hemi in the
Pacifica? There seems to be complaints about the Pacifica having issue with
power.

Thanks

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
From Broadway bright the tubes run right
Into the Road of Anthracite"
Erie - Lackawanna

Steve February 3rd 05 06:20 PM

NJ Vike wrote:

> Looks like I made a mistake here. I was replying to the wrong thread.
>
> My question here is does anyone think that Chrysler will put the Hemi in the
> Pacifica? There seems to be complaints about the Pacifica having issue with
> power.
>
> Thanks

Don't think it would fit. Remember that the Pacifica is minivan-based,
complete with transversely mounted enginem and the hemi is WIDE. If it
had been a longitudinal engine design, I'd say the Hemi would wind up
there, but it isn't.

Art February 4th 05 01:47 AM

Anyone try driving the new cheap Pacifica with the 3.8?

CopperTop February 4th 05 01:42 PM

The base Pacifica is a FWD with an AWD option. Until the Pacifica goes to a
rear drive, I doubt the hemi will be offered.

==================

nk.net...

NJ Vike February 6th 05 09:18 PM

Doesn't the 300C with the Hemi going to be offered with a Hemi? Why can't
they do the same with the Pacifica?

Thanks

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
From Broadway bright the tubes run right
Into the Road of Anthracite"
Erie - Lackawanna

et...

NJ Vike February 6th 05 09:19 PM

Rats!!!!!

Thanks for the reply.

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
From Broadway bright the tubes run right
Into the Road of Anthracite"
Erie - Lackawanna

CopperTop February 6th 05 10:01 PM

The Pacifica is actually built on the Dodge Caravan/Chrysler Town & Country
(minivan) chassis/framework/whatever with front wheel drive and an all wheel
drive option.

The 300/Magnum/Charger is a different "chassis" which is rear wheel drive
with an all wheel drive option. The are two completely different all wheel
drive set ups. The 300C is a hemi. The other 300's without the C
designation are V6 engines. All new 300's are rear wheel drive as are the
new Magnums and the upcoming Charger.

To beef up the transaxle of the front drive vehicles to handle the power and
torque of the hemi would be terribl expensive and something Chrysler
probably won't do. Plus the added weight and size of the hemi would be just
too much for a front driver.

=========================
..
.net...

NJ Vike February 7th 05 01:23 AM

Thanks for the reply. I guess a Pacifica is not an option for us.

Perhaps the 300C or the Magnum would be a better fit.

Oh, well.

Thanks for the explanation.

Ken

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
From Broadway bright the tubes run right
Into the Road of Anthracite"
Erie - Lackawanna

k.net...

James C. Reeves February 7th 05 01:54 AM

"CopperTop" > wrote in message
k.net...
> The Pacifica is actually built on the Dodge Caravan/Chrysler Town &
> Country (minivan) chassis/framework/whatever with front wheel drive and an
> all wheel drive option.
>
> The 300/Magnum/Charger is a different "chassis" which is rear wheel drive
> with an all wheel drive option. The are two completely different all
> wheel drive set ups. The 300C is a hemi. The other 300's without the C
> designation are V6 engines. All new 300's are rear wheel drive as are the
> new Magnums and the upcoming Charger.
>
> To beef up the transaxle of the front drive vehicles to handle the power
> and torque of the hemi would be terribl expensive and something Chrysler
> probably won't do. Plus the added weight and size of the hemi would be
> just too much for a front driver.

GM had a pair of V8 FWD vehicles back in the 1970's (Cadillac Elderado and
Oldsmobile Toranado). So it can be done. Perhaps not with the current
iteration of the Pacifica. But future redesigned models perhaps.

If looking for a Chrysler V8 HEMI SUV, why not look at the Grand Cherokee or
Durango?