AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Now that I'm back........ (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=37819)

Tim Rogers July 10th 05 03:54 PM

Now that I'm back........

.........from the outer banks in NC, I need a quick guide to the 350+ posts
that are unread on my pc from the past week. Maybe I'll get enough rest
today to be able to read through a good portion of them, maybe not. I see
that the bombings in London have generated a big thread. My feeling right
now is that we need to escalate our efforts against these
religious/cultural/political wack jobs who hate western society. Maybe a law
could be adopted and then ENFORCED that would make it a criminal offense to
advocate stupid ideas that are based on hatred and intolerance of entire
societies/nationalities/cultures/religions, etc. Obviously, the security
measures needed to prevent an individual from carrying 10 lbs. of explosives
into a public area are going to be impractical. A long range set of measures
that attack the advocates of these kinds of behavior would seem to be the
only real solution. When I hear that a tele-evangelist like Pat Robertson is
saying that Islam is the problem here, I'd say lock him up for fanning the
flames of intolerance. Maybe he could share a cell with a few of these
fundamentalist Imams so that they could all learn to get along... :-) I'm
just rambling here but if I'm too confused and ignorant on this subject,
maybe some of you guys can enlighten me.........lol

BTW........The outerbanks was a great place to relax this past week with
wonderful weather for spending several hours a day on the beach. The area
there is becoming very crowded though and has tremendous traffic problems. I
figured out that the best pizza to go with ice cold Corona is from Corolla
Pizza and Deli and the best barbeque is from a place called Saul's over on
the mainland about a mile and a half north of the Wright Memorial Bridge.
The surf was really high on a few afternoons which allowed even me to get
some impressive rides on a boogie board but maybe it was the Coronas that
made me think so.......lol

timmy

Shag July 10th 05 09:58 PM

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 14:54:28 GMT, "Tim Rogers" >
wrote:

>........from the outer banks in NC

<snip>
>The surf was really high on a few afternoons which allowed even me to get
>some impressive rides on a boogie board but maybe it was the Coronas that
>made me think so.......lol

PICTURES!!! :-)

Tim Rogers July 10th 05 10:24 PM

"Shag" > wrote in message

> On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 14:54:28 GMT, "Tim Rogers" >
> wrote:
>
> >........from the outer banks in NC

> <snip>
> >The surf was really high on a few afternoons which allowed even me to get
> >some impressive rides on a boogie board but maybe it was the Coronas that
> >made me think so.......lol

> PICTURES!!! :-)

..............I did take my Digital Rebel with a 70-200 mm lens along for the
trip but I'm ashamed to say that I chickened out on exposing $1500 worth of
camera and lens to the salt & sand of the beach and it stayed in the closet
at the beach house. Next time, I'll borrow a point 'n shoot camera from the
17 year old.